An improvement in the education for all inevitably requires an improvement of the government school system; thus for VBERC to work with the government structures is both important and imperative. In its work with various state governments, VBERC role is one of providing support, encouragement and the necessary push to institutions for attainment of higher standards of quality in all their endeavors.
Thus the major objectives of working with state structures and institutions are:
- Capacity building of the state system.
- To build an understanding with government personnel about ‘quality education’ and to support them in putting this new thinking into action.
- Developing an understanding of educationally disadvantaged children and their needs.
- To facilitate inter-institutional and intra- institutional communication and synergies.
- To remove the shadows of cynicism and lack of enthusiasm and help them see the future road with clarity.
What has been done? Work with Governments of Rajasthan, Chhatisgarh, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat has been multifaceted and has had varying degrees of intensity: